Monday, April 21, 2008

Fear Factor

Today I rode the Provo Canyon Race Loop Trail. This trail is a single track with up and down rolling hills and a gravely downhill drop. For those who do not know, downhill can be a little scary for me. Some downhill no problem, Bobsled I did not have any problems, I went down it without stopping and loved every minute of it. Downhills near edges and with gravel frighten me. More often than not I will walk down the hill. This is what happened today. I came rolling up to this hill began to go down, began to skid and then got off my bike and walked. I went around and again the same thing, except this time I looked back and looked for the line that would be safest for me to go down. I picked it, and then decided I would do one final loop and give it another shot. I went around, and had a nice pace as I came to the hill. This time I hung on, went light on the brakes and went for it, and I did it!!! I went down the hill and took the turn without any problems. I was so excited about it I let out a big "I did it!" and a "wohoo". The feeling was great, so great that I had to do the loop one more time. I did the loop again, and again I hit the hill without any problems. I had the biggest smile on my face that lasted all the ride home, and for quite a while at home.
Downhill view of the hill I conquered.


No comments: