I am sure most of you have heard about Dznuts and Bliss, Chamois Cream but have any of you tried Dznuts In-Heat? I first learned about it in the Cycle and Style Blog I was somewhat sceptical it would work, so I decided to find out for myself. Unfortunately right about the time I bought it was cold enough outside I didn't want to find out if it worked or not. For some reason experimenting in 20 degree weather does not seem all that appealing to me. So, I waited until the conditions were right, which turned out to be this last week.
First test of the product was Friday. I went out for a short road ride with the temperature 39 degrees. I had on 2 armers, a vest and my shorts. I put the high In-Heat on my legs and took off for my ride. At first it was a little brisk, but within a few minutes of steady riding my legs were warm and I could not feel any chill. My ride was short only 1.5 hours, and the temperature outside increased by 10 degrees by the time my ride ended. Results, my legs stayed warm the entire time.
Next test--a longer ride. I went out for a 55 mile road ride with a climb and descent on Suncrest. My friends were all in leg warmers, but I was in shorts. In fact, I was the only rider that day in shorts. I am sure many riders thought I was nuts, and maybe I was, but the In-Heat worked. It was about 42 degrees and stayed that temperature most of the ride. I was warm the entire ride including the fast descent down Suncrest. The In-Heat lasted the entire ride and I probably could have gone longer. Bottom line if you don't feel like wearing leg warmers or extra layers use Dznuts In-Heat.
Oh, one final note. Don't to forget to wash your hands well and immediately after putting it on your legs. You don't want to accidently get some in your eyes.

1 comment:
Also, never confuse InHeat with regular DZNuts.
I used InHeat all through the last half of CX season, 16 degrees was the start of the coldest race I did bare legged.
But I'm stupid.
Post a Comment