I haven't been riding much lately due to work and weather, but I had to get up and ride yesterday. I just couldn't take it anymore. So, I got up and left and went to the meeting point. No one was there and since I was a little bit early I rode up the hill, then back down. Back at the meeting point I saw a blue light coming up the hill...it was Steve. Apparently we were the only ones that were going to take advantage of the great weather.
We took off to ride water tower. It had snowed the day before, so we weren't quite sure what we would find. When we got to the top of the road we saw snow, but it looked pretty rideable, so we took it on. The first was not too bad, but eventually we got to a part that had not been plowed. Steve did great he kept riding and going. I slipped and had to get on my bike, rode for a bit and then slipped again, rode for a bit and then slipped again. Riding in 5 inch snow is not as easy as it looks. As I was riding I saw Steve ahead of me and all I could think was "go Steve, go" how awesome he plowed through the snow like it was nothing. After getting to the top he came back and we decided to go back and do some hills in the neighborhoods. Funny thing I ended up going slower down than up. I am such a chicken. It was slippery, and I didn't want to fall, so I went about 5 miles an hour. Whoever said going downhill is faster than up has not ridden with me.
After getting to the bottom we climbed some really great hills, and I learned I am in not the best of shape. Oh well, that means I can only get better from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment