Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fun Days

So happy to see the sun out today and the weather cooperating.  Couldn't wait to take advantage of the good conditions, so a small group of us went on a 21 mile mountain bike ride.  We started out going up Indian.  If any of you are familar with this trail then you know it is a great fun downhill trail.  Well, it turns out it is also a great, make you sweat bullets, kill your lungs uphill climb.  I was surprised at how difficult it was, and now have a new goal of conquering this climb.  It is not a long climb, but there were a couple of hills I did not clear--nothing bugs me more than not clearing a climb.

After climbing we rode down only to see that a part of our favorite trail has been bull dozed taking away from the beauty of the trail.  It was so sad to see all the trees down. It actually took us a minute to figure out where the trail went  because the bull dozers have wiped it out.  We kept telling Sally how great this trail was, and it was, but not as much as it used to be.

We could have ended after coming down from the BST, but we still wanted to ride, so it was back to climbing.  Up the race course and up to the alter we went.  I can't remember when the last time it was I did this much climbing.  The fun part about climbing, you can visit with the people you are riding with and you get to go downhill!  I love going down the trails in the foothills, they are sooooo much fun.  Of course by the time we got to the bottom it wasn't enough and we took off for the final down of Dragons Back.  Have I ever said I much I like this down--probably every time I ride it.

I had such a great time riding the foothill trails and any other trail we could find.  I am still smiling from ear to ear and dreaming about riding the trails again.  And of course true to fashion since I was so busy having fun I forgot to take pictures, except at the alter.


No comments: