 |
| Mad Dog Race Team 2011 |
I didn't write about my race last week, there was not much to write, because I failed to show up. I was there physically, but mentally I did not show up. I had a very bad attitude about the course, and basically was only riding because it was being sponsored by Mad Dog--poor reason I know, but I did show up.
Since my attitude was so poor, I did not feel competitive and was there to try, but not hard. It took a wrong turn, and losing a spot to change my whole perspective. It was at that point I started to ride hard. After the race was over and I had time to reflect, I was very disappointed in myself. I wasn,t fatigued or coughing off the finish line. In fact, I wasn't anything I should have been--I was very disappointed I didn't give it my best. Giving it my best I wouldn't have placed different, but at least I would have put forth a good effort. With all this reflection I decided the next race was not going to be a repeat.
 |
| Muddy results. |
Lining up for race #2 at Soldier Hollow, I was very nervous. You see, since I had decided I was going to try really hard my nerves got the best of me. Not so much about placing, but about being able to meet my goal. With that said, can I just say when you are nervous and you are waiting for Ed to call your division up it is just pure torture--it also, causes many problems with the bladder.
Once on the line my nerves calmed down and I took off. I rode strong and felt good the whole race. I did have one small wipe out at the top of the course with the mud. Because of this I ended up running three switchbacks that were loaded with water and mud. I don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I felt it would be better than crashing--either way I would lose time and I really didn't want to find out the hard way. I crossed the finshed line and felt great, I had tried hard, and had the typical I rode hard cough. Results were good and best of all I gave it my best effort. Goal from henceforth, no more bad attitude; ride hard and have fun.
 |
| Sport Women Podium |
 |
| Picture by Kay Hutchings |
 |
| Picture by Kay Hutchings |
 |
| Picture by Kay Hutchings |
 |
| Picture by Kay Hutchings |
No comments:
Post a Comment