A lot of you know my ups and downs with jobs the last few years. Housing industry crashed, position eliminated, company downsized. Enough job instability to make a person nervous. However, with all that said I have always been able to find a job and feel fortunate to be working, but my current job is not my dream job.
It is a good company I work for. They take good care of their employees, there are good benefits, however, it does not utilize the majority of my skills--I spend most of my time on the phone all day. This company has great stability and good opportunity for growth, so I was hoping eventually I would have the chance for an in house transfers but those opportunities have been very few and far between. So finally last week I decided perhaps it was time to look and see what else was available. I did and I found my dream job--one that makes your eyes get as big as saucers.
The position is for a sports secretary. For those who know how much I love sports and also those who know how much I love to make reports, type, organize and do office work you know this is the perfect job for me. I applied without much hope of getting an interview, because well the fact of the matter is the job market is tough and a lot of people are looking. Guess what!!! I got an interview!!!
I interviewed today and the interview went well. It is not often I leave an interview and feel like things went well. In fact, I usually leave thinking I totally botched the interview. But this time I left happy with how I did. I was able to talk about my skills and experience, and there should be no doubt how much I love sports and helping others in their sports endeavors. However, that in no way makes me think the people I interviewed thought I did a good job. They may think I am totally not right for the position (although I would definitely would disagree with them). But it is not often I actually feel like I did well at something. So I guess that is why I am writing, because today something went well and it is fun to share.
1 comment:
You'll find the perfect job!
Post a Comment