I went snow shoeing with Steve this morning. It was a perfect day for going, the weather was great and you couldn't have asked for better temperatures. This was my first real snow shoeing excursion. I went once before, but that was to clear trail for the frozen hog, so it doesn't really count.
Now there is a funny thing you should know if you go snow shoeing with Steve. He is about 6'8 and has very long legs. It took me at least 2 strides for his one. I thought this was funny and could only imagine what it must be like for his wife when they go shopping. I am guessing he has probably gotten used to be a very casual walker. Which is pretty much what he did for this excursion. He would go casually ahead and then wait for me to catch up. Luckily I wasn't too far behind so he didn't have to wait too long. You know it seems that the same thing happens when we ride mountain bikes....I am beginning to see a pattern here.
Meadow at part of the trail. This would be a great place to make a snow man.






1 comment:
Nice work, KC, as always! Yes, I apologize for my long stride. I picked up my long-stride walking habits from my father. He taught at my high school and we would walk the mile-plus distance to school each day. Since that was his exercise, he walked really, really fast and took long strides. My wife does have to remind me to slow down to her very casual pace.
tallsteve
Post a Comment