Monday, March 2, 2009

St. George Down & Back

I went with Jen & Dot Saturday to St. George to pre-ride the race course. We left at 6 am in the morning so we could get there early enough to ride and get back home by 7 pm. The ride was fun and it was great to hear from Dot herself about her womanhole experience.

The weather in St. George was perfect. We did 3 laps on the racecourse. The first lap was the try and remember which direction to go and practice some of the obstacles in the wash. The second was ride at a steady pace without stopping and the third was recovery with me taking pictures of everyone. Everything went well I took pictures, we rode steady, and I learned how to go downhill without your rear brake working! Yes, my rear brake was not working. The first lap I gripped it all the way to my grips and went for a wonderful ride. Second lap I pumped my brakes and got them to partially work, and third lap the same. The crazy thing is today they are working, so I don't know if I should get them checked or take a chance.
The ride was great an my only regret was I forgot my chamois butter...boy do I wish I had
remembered the chamois butter.






2 comments:

ER Dad said...

Wow! Kendra, are you the only one without a Mad Dog jersey? Hmmmmm.

Andy H. said...

I noticed that too. Did you sign your UMB contract yet or is there still time?:)