This year is different. I have ridden my bike over a year now. I can go downhill without brakes and not have a panic attack--well at least not an obvious one. And I know what to expect at the race. However, knowing what to expect still does not help with what to do. There is a key element missing this year and that is Dot. Last year I tried to keep up with Dot, this year she is in the Sport division. So what do I do? How do I pace myself so I don't blow up, and yet still feel like I am being competitive? There are so many what if's as you prepare to race, and that is probably what makes me most nervous.
This is my first podium last year. I am planning on this year bringing many more smiles.

5 comments:
You and Tasha can chase each other around the course this year. See you at the races.
I'm sure you'll find another "target" or maybe you'll be one?
By the way, You'd look better in red and white in the above picture.
just follow your breathing rate. if it gets to high to say more that two-three word sentences slow down just a bit.
you'll be fine. se you down there saturday.
you will reconize mee with tattoos covering both arms. can't miss it.
good luck
Or, you could continue to chase Dot in the Sport category? You are such an awesome biker now that you could definitely give those girls a run for their money!!!!
-SalGal ;o)
Brad - Glad Tasha is going to be there she is a phenomenal rider.
Karl - Okay you win red, black and white it is. :-)
Oilcan - Thanks for the advice that will help. A lot of times I push too hard and then my asthma kicks up and I end up backing off, so I will try what you suggested.
Sally - Glad you have confidence in me, but I am not so sure I am ready for sport, especially since I didn't get much riding in this last month. :-0
Post a Comment