Went to AF Canyon to ride my favorite trail with Dorothy today. I don't think we could have asked for better conditions, perfect temperature and the trail was tacky from the rain the canyon had just received. There were a lot of hikers out on our way up, but nobody on the way down. We also passed a few riders going up, and as we were going down I came up to a rider on the down, but he refused to pull over. I backed off a little, but there was not doubt I was riding his tire and could go faster. Yet he still did not pull over. Let's do the math, you started on the down way before me, I catch you on the down, hmmm.....maybe I am going faster and you should pull over. Oh well, I still had a blast.
Dorothy coming up the hill toward the lookout.
Dorothy has never started the loop from Timpanooke, I was very excited to show her the fun trail she has been missing. I think she liked it, because she mentioned she was going to take her fiance on it. This has got be one of the best rides around.I got my 29er back, I am glad I had another bike to ride while my bike was at the doctor's, but there is nothing better than riding my 29er. It rides the lines so perfectly, takes corners marvelously and now it has gotten even better, if that is even possible.
I have new front brakes which work great, but I also got new grips. I have been doing a little research and decided it was time to buy Ergon Grips. I was not 100% I would like them, but everything I researched told me I would. Since I am getting ready for 12 hours of Sundance and 24 Hours of Moab I thought it would be good to have what is supposedly comfortable grips. Well, the verdict is in and the grips are awesome!!! Todays ride I noticed a significant difference in my hand comfort, it was amazing. I know this was only one ride, but for the first ride to notice such a difference means there is only better things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment