We rode the loop in AF Canyon, and the ride was great. The weather was perfect, the trails were tacky from recent rain, and of course great friends to ride with. As we hit the Cascade side of the loop dark clouds started to roll in, a breeze picked up and there was thunder announcing an imminent storm. I kept saying the weather man had said it would not rain until 3 pm, and it was not even noon yet, so we should be okay. I had to put those positive vibes out there. We rode up to the Summit parking lot, and just as we got there the clouds opened up and the rain came pouring down. And by pouring, I mean drench you immediately rain shower.
Not knowing how long the rain would last we took off, although I don't think it would have mattered, how fast or quickly we went because we were drenched within minutes. The funny thing we noticed as we rode back, the rain was on part of the trail, but not others, and by the time we got to the parking lot the only indication you would have known it had rain was the mud that covered our bodies.
Snagging a picture of Jolene as we ride.
Wendy coming to the top of the look out.



3 comments:
Hope you don't mind but I have linked your blog with my website in the sidebar @ http://utahmtb.com
Hey! Great job girls! You are tough. Looks like fun. I added you to my blog as well, because it is fun to read! See ya! Good job at 12 hours by the way.
Bill & Heather- Glad you enjoy reading and glad I found your blogs to read.
Post a Comment