Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cross Country Skiing

I went cross country skiing today for the first time. Dot and I took Joey, Johnny and Mandy up to Sundance to try it out. This was the very first time for Mandy on skis and my first time on cross country skii. Oh, and my first time on skiis since 1993.

Mandy did great. We started out with a little bit of a struggle trying to figure out how to go forward, how to get our selves unwrapped fomr skiis twisted around, how to get up after falling down and how to go down hill. As time went on Mandy got better and better, and so did I, but not as much as her. Mandy was all for going downhill and was not worried about falling or anything else. Me I went downhill sitting on my skiis. Eventually (the very last hill) I was able to stand, but it took a lot more practice than Mandy.

The skiing was fun and I can't wait to go again.

Mandy trying to figure out how to stand up.

Daydreaming about the fun she is about to have.

Johnny checking out all the skiis.

My first fall as I tried to navigate down a very small down slope.

Having fun skiing. Johnny leading the way.

Sliding down the hill on my skiis. Mandy & Johnny went down standing up.
Finally learning to navigate down the hill.
Joey showing me how to go down a hill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know next time you go- I want to try it out before I buy. Went snowshoeing last Wed. night with headlamps- it was a blast!
tallsteve

ER Dad said...

Wow! No post for a week. Work must be getting to you. Remember your priorities....the blog :)