Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dutch Hollow

Jen, me & Jolene at the lookout for Heber Valley.
Trying to decide what to do this weekend. Option 1 go to Glenwild with the Bike Peddler group, option 2 AF Canyon--went with option 2 until I talked to Jen and she suggested Dutch Hollow. I have been wanting to check out this trail section for along, so of course I was in.

Dutch Hollow is in Midway not too far away, in fact it turns out it takes as long for me to go to AF Canyon as it does to go to Dutch Hollow. Not really knowing the trail system, we looked at the map in the parking area made some decisions and took off. Not knowing the trail system we learned very quickly many people do not go on the east side of the trail system. I think there were trails we rode that we were the only bikes to have graced the trial all year long.

We had a great time exploring and as we explored we explored right over to Aqueduct and Barrel Roll. There really are no words to describe Barrel Roll, other than pure fun. We went down and I could not stop laughing, it was better than being on a roller coaster. Of course at the bottom we knew we had to do this trail again, so we found another way to get to the trail. We ended up finding 4 different ways to this trail and ended up going down 4 times. Great ride for a Saturday.
Came across these guys on the trail with a broken chain. Jen pulled out the chain tool and went to work fixing the chain, as the guys looked on.
Jolene shows exactly why we went down this trial so much.

Nothing but smiles as I ride.
Jen going down Barrel Roll. The smile says it all.


2 comments:

JoshuaMcC said...

Looks like a pretty fun trail, We might have to go check it out one of these Saturdays.

Anonymous said...

looks fun. we had a hella great time with bike peddler on sat.