Sunday, August 9, 2009

Played All Night

Woke up Friday morning as usual to get ready for work. At 7 pm I met up with my friend Katie and her husband and we drove to Mount Pleasant for an all night softball game. I took Mandy with me to this tournament, she was so excited about the idea of staying up all night and watching mom play softball. I think she was probably the most excited about staying up all night.
The tournament was two pitch with our pitcher pitching to us. Great, because you know you are going to get great pitches. Different because the pitchers does nothing when the ball is hit, so you cover the field a little bit differently.
In the dugout
Our first game started at 9 pm--we won. We then had an 45 minute break before our next game. Mandy was so excited. She had already convinced Lloyd (Katie's husband) to buy her a snow cone. Played the next game at 10:50--we won. Now we had to wait to see when we would play again and how we were seeded.
Great spot to wait and hangout in between games. What you don't see are the tents in the background.
Once seeded this ended up to be the longest break we would have for the night, our next game wasn't until 1:20, so we had about an hour and a half to wait. This was perfect, I had time to get Mandy set up on a mat with a sleeping bag, get my sleeping bag and chair, get some food and get set up for the rest of the night. Once Mandy was set up on the sleeping bag I was hoping she would soon rest, and then turned out to be the case. Little by little she settled into the bag, and eventually she told me she wasn't tired, but her eyelids wanted to shut. Then she was out.
Mandy finally asleep.
We ended up playing games until 7:15 am in the morning, before we finally lost and were out of the tournament. For the most part it was pretty cold during night which kept me up all night long--well that and a diet coke I had at 5 am in the morning. This was the first all night softball for me. I am calling it preparation for 24 hours of Moab.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I have never heard of an all night softball tournament. Sounds like fun!