When I left it was brisk out, but warm enough. The ride up water tower was perfect. Great snow pack, the sun was out, and it got warmer and warmer as I got to the top--probably the only time an inversion is a good thing when you are above the inversion. When I got to the top I decided I needed to ride further, I kept riding further and further and finally decided I would ride all the way to roller coaster road.
The snow was packed most of the ride with only a couple of spots that were not so good, but all of it was rideable. When I got to roller coaster I saw nothing but deep snow and no packing. I looked at it for a long time debating whether to ride or not. I finally decided to turn around--I didn't want to ride up the hills in unpacked snow, more than likely I would have ended up pushing up the hill instead of riding.
The way back the snow started to melt a little bit, but luckily it never got mushy. The ride back was fun, andn going downhill was great, no ice spots--at least I didn't find any! I am so glad I got to ride the dirt, I don't think Spring will get here soon enough.
Top of Water Tower, great snow pack.
The view--gotta love it.
A runner passed by and offered to take my pic--I love the chubby cheeks with the baclave on.
Worst part of the whole ride--not too bad.




2 comments:
So jealous! Way to be dedicated and ride in the snow. Thanks so much for all your help the other night getting me to the team meeting and inviting me to do rides! I am so excited! You are so welcoming and so super nice. Thanks a bunch
Hey, do you pay for the ICUP races ahead of time, or the day of? And how many of them do you usually do? Jed and I are sitting down figuring out the total cost of it all! :)
Post a Comment