For Christmas we got Royce a road bike. He was very surprised - I hid it in the downstairs closet and then he had clues with each present he opened up. I think by the time he got to the road shoes for a gift he knew something was up.
Royce getting his Christams present out of the closet. I think he likes it.
Since getting the gift he has not had the chance to ride it due to taking care of Mandy over Christmas break, and then taking care of me for the last 2 weeks. Today I was feeling like I could ride my bike, so we went for a very mild ride.
Before we went on our ride I helped Royce get outfitted for a cold ride. I think I had him wearing close to 4 layers top and bottom--better too warm in this kind of weather. After getting completely ready we took off. At first the going was a little tough, you know new bike, different shifting. Before long though we were heading towards Utah Lake (we live fairly close).
When we left the temp was 31 degrees, but once we got closer to the lake I could feel the temperature drop, and noticed the frostcicles on the trees, bushes and other shubery. We stopped for a minute for a photo op and then continued on.
Royce riding by the lake.
Posing for the camera.
A view of the lake--it is out there.
From the lake the ride is relatively short to home. I was feeling pretty good, so Royce and I parted ways. He went home and I continued on riding. It felt so good to be out after being cooped up in the house for such a long time. My ride took me out towards the farmlands in Lehi and then back. I am a little tired, but it was a great ride and I can't wait to go out again.
There is blue sky!
I love how the snow is still around the water.






2 comments:
You probably rode right past my office. I am going to start riding around there on my lunch breaks. I still cannot figure out how to get to the west side of the lake though.
Where's your office? I may have.
Post a Comment