I went to the cardiologist today for my 3 month check up (I have regular visits scheduled for the upcoming year). This visit I had a transdoppler test and an echo cardiagram with bubbles. The transdoppler test shows how many bubbles are passing through my heart to my brain. They do a scale of 0 (being none) to 5+ (more than 300 passing through). They run 3 different scenario's - 1. bubbles at rest, 2. bubbles tightening the stomach muscles, 3. bubbles blowing into a very small tube. They also do the same scenario's with the echo cardiagram with bubbles.
The results:
Scenario 1 - no bubbles, score 0
Scenario 2 - no bubbles, score 0
Scenario 3 - bubbles, score 5+
So what does this mean. It means I am healing. There are no expectations of being completely healed for up to 1 year. Because I exercise, and because of the particular device used the healing time is 6 months to 1 year.
I am very excited I am getting better. I no longer have exercise induced asthma, mostly because it wasn't. Instead it was blood being thrown to my lungs. My heart rate it high, but I was told to expect this for a while (good to know, because I was wondering). My blood pressure is doing well, and I do not need to have as much salt. My chest pains are not as painful, and I have significantly decreased my chances of having a stroke. Best of all the every day fatigue is going away and I am able to hang out with my family and ride my bike a lot more.
1 comment:
Glad to hear it's going well. Very glad!
Post a Comment