I woke Saturday morning not sure if I was going to go to the race or not. I wasn't sure if it would hurt me or not to race. I had tried to find someone to car pool with that way I could blame going to the race on car pooling, but that didn't pan out. So early Saturday morning I was riding around the neighborhood in my pjs determining if I hurt too much to ride. Riding around the neighborhood was easy, so I made the decision to go, and I am so glad I did.
Conditions for the race were great--nice weather, tacky trail, what more cold you ask for. My laps went great. I felt good the whole time, I kept hydrated like I needed to, I kept my nutrition up, and I made it through the race. Yes, my legs got tired, but near the end where you would expect them to. Yes, my heart rate did it's normal thing, but near the end not during the entire race. Best of all I out did my time from last year! I was faster on both my laps versus the one lap I did last year. I finally am making improvement. I have a long ways to go before I really get up to the Sport Division level, but this race showed me I am headed in the right direction.

2 comments:
Good job. You are AWESOME
great job, you are AWESOME!=)
Post a Comment