Yesterday was a busy, adventorous day. I decided to go back to the trail on flatted on and give it another go. This time I went with my husband Royce so we could enjoy the trail together. Started out great. The weather was beautiful and it was the perfect temperature. We parked at Timpanooke campground and took off towards the east. The first part we cross a bridge. I was doing fine until I came to the second part of the bridge where there were to planks together. I got caught in the middle of the two planks and lost my balance. Lucky for me I did not fall into the water. The next part is beautiful single track that rolls up and down through the mountain for about 2 miles.
Royce rolling through the meadow.
After the meadow it starts to get a bit steep for a bit. We rode over roots and rocks, which was really cool and pretty. Once it leveled off we came to an obsticle in on the trail. A giant pine tree had fallen in the middle of the trail. Once we passed the pine tree we continued on our way and went through another meadow and started back up hill. About this time we realized we didn't have much time left, so we did the best thing possible, and bombed down all of the trail we had just climbed. What a blast. Love going up hill, and I love going down. I can't wait to go on this trail again.
No comments:
Post a Comment