Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I've Been Stung!

Went for a nice casual rode ride yesterday. I thought it would be fun to show Royce the Big Spring Hollow trail. I decided to ride my road bike to the trail, and I would meet him up there, and then we would exchange my road bike with my mountain bike. I took off and rode along the Provo trail to Vivian Park, and then up the road to Big Spring Park. The ride was nice and beautiful and since it was a recovery ride I had the opportunity to enjoy the entire ride. Some time on the road to Big Spring Park I was hit in the neck by a bug. This is not uncommon, being hit by a bug, so I didn't think anything about it. When I got to the park I hopped off my bike to wait for Royce when I felt a sharp stick close to my arm pit. I grabbed my jersey thinking there was a sharp twig in there, only to stuck several times. After turning on side of my jersey completely around out came a wasp! I looked and sure enough I had been stung, not once at least 5 times (I counted 5 holes)! I never would have thought it possible for a wasp to get caught in your jersey while riding, but I am proof that it is. Luckily for me my husband came soon, and we were able to get on our mountain bikes and ride so I could take my mind off the stinging. All in all it was a great ride, and I definitely have something to remember it by.
The wasp that stung me. Sadly after this picture he was run over.
















Big Spring Hollow Trail (taken with cell phone)

No comments: