Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is my 40th birthday. I have been excited for this day for quite a while (I love birthdays). It's not everyday you turn 40, and it is a fun time in my life. The day started out great. I slept in which was great, and then jumped out of bed to hurry and get ready to go for a mountain bike ride. As I came downstairs I was surprised with a party in the front room. There was caution tape blocking the doorway that had "40 Year Old Party Scene", 40 black balloons on the floor, a cute 40 year old confetti tree and a the number 40 hanging from the ceiling. What a surprise! It's not too often I am surprised, and this was great.



























After seeing my surprise and spending time with my family, I took off to get Jolene to go mountain biking up at Timpanooke. The trail was perfect. The downed tree I blogged about earlier A New Adventure was moved off the trail, but not quite enough, so you still have to stop to get around it. Other than that you couldn't ask for better trail conditions. We pretty much had the trail to ourselves. We saw one hiker and one mountain biker on the way downhill. Other than that no one else was on the trail. This made for going down the hill fun and fast.
After mountain biking, I went out to lunch at Zupa's with my friend Katie. After lunch the family met up with my brother Ryan at the movies to see The Incredible Hulk. It was a fun movie and there is room for another movie in the future. We left the movie and decided tonight was not a night to cook, so Sonic is was.

What a great birthday and what a great day. I couldn't have asked for a better day. My presents were great the best was my husband cleaned my car--how awesome was that.
Jolene and I both wore our Fat Cyclist Jersey's today!
























Check out the view in the background.






1 comment:

29er said...

That was fun to ride with you on your birthday. Sounds like the rest of the day was great too! Kris and I rode in AF again after trail work Sat. The downed pine tree was moved by then.