Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lambert Park Duex

Went back to Lambert Park this morning with Jolene and rode a few of the trails today. We parked at he Bowery and started our ride off going downhill. First trail we hit was a small part of Spring which then merged into Lamberts Luge. I like Lamberts Luge it is a fun rock garden. However today I didn't realize until later in the ride that my pro pedal was locked out and I was going without any suspension. This explains all of the bouncing around on the trail. We skipped the bottom half of Lamberts Luget and went on down Ruin. Ruin has a lot of jumps on the trail. However I only took 3 and of the 3 only one did I take really good air. I think I need to ride this trail more so I can familarize myself with the jumps and be able to take more of them. At the bottom of Ruin we did a quick jont onto Middle and over to Poppy. We climbed Poppy and then connected up to Ziggy and continued to climb until we started back down where we shifted onto Zag. I forgot how many turns and switchbacks were on Zag--a lot. After Zag it was up High Bench. On High Bench I think one of the branches are lower. Normally the tall guys have to duck under this branch, but I had to duck while riding. Either I got taller or the branch is a little it lower.From High Bench we took Spring to the top and then came down Upper Rodeo Down all the way down Rodeo Down. Rodeo Down was so much fun we had to do it twice. Conditions on the trail were perfect and it was a fun great ride. Oh and did I mention no one else was out on the trails. How can someone pass up such great riding conditions?

No comments: