On the very last small down hill section before you reach the 4 corners area Jolene and I saw a beautiful red tree. The red of the leaves were the color of fire and it stood alone amongst the green foliage. It was a majestic sight to see and a definite sign that fall is on it's way. We asked the guys if they had seen it, but they missed it as they were bombing down the hill, so if you ride this route keep your eyes peeled for the tree, it is a beauty.
About this time there was a very light drizzle, but that did not stop us. We continued on going down one of the best downhills ever. Tonight with the recent rain there were some slick spots, that had me slowing down, but it doesn't matter how slow I was going it was still fun.
The cascade springs section was the slickest and muddiest part of the ride, and of course the worst section was on the uphill. That's okay, thanks to the mud we went slower and were able to see a bunch of wild turkeys. I was enthralled by the sight as I have never seen wild turkeys before and how lucky to see as many as I did. ( I lost count after 7 because they were moving around) Jolene and I stayed back and she took some pictures, I tried but my camera is having its typical issues--blurry pictures.
The group had continued on while we took pictures, so we met them near a dirt road crossing on the way to the Summit. By this time our tires were pretty loaded with mud, and Jolene's were the worst. She has the small blocks on her tire, so she had no traction what so ever. From here she and I rode the road to the Summit to get the mud off. She is an amazing rider, because I don't think I could have handled my bike near as well as she did without any traction.
The rest of the trail back was pretty good. I had an almost wipe out when my rear tire skidded out beneath me and headed to go off the trail into a log. I don't know how I recovered, but I did. I think the bike had something to do with it.
Too bad no more weekdays rides. These group rides are great and fun. Hopefully there will be an occasional weekend one sometime..hint, hint.
Jolene towards the end of the ride, still smiling with her signature look.
3 comments:
Is it true you're riding a Superfly?
When did this happen?
Do you notice any differences?
Yep, my husband bought it for me Saturday.
I notice a lot of differences. It corners better, switchbacks are easier and it has great direction. It rolls like a dream. It goes fast, faster than me. Hopefully I will be able to catch up.
KC, I still ride every Saturday morning and you're always welcome.
Steve
Post a Comment