I am not sure what trail head we shuttled up to or where we started other than it was at the beginning of puke hill. Lucky me, I had been told about the hill and decided to take it easy so I wouldn't blow up. It worked and I made it to the top. At the top as we waited for our group some rain clouds came in and dropped rain and hail. There was a large group at the top and all of us had our backs to the hail trying to wait out the storm. It wasn't too bad unless it hit your skin, and then ouch! When the final person in our group made it to the top we took off on the trail.
The weather was great for the rest of the ride and the trail was in great condition. There were a lot of people riding the trail, bike peddler from Utah County also had a group that arrived the same time we did so between the 2 groups there were 24 riders on the crest when we started, but it never seemed like a huge group. Eventually the groups disapted and we were out there on our own. I loved riding this trail and had a smile on my face the whole time.
Instead of taking the road down at the end we rode pipeline down to the bottom of rattle snake gultch. It was okay, but nothing in comparison to the crest. I think the pictures will give you an idea of how great the ride was.
No comments:
Post a Comment