I was going to write about my ride yesterday up to Squaw Peak, and how I thought I was doing so great in my middle cog until on the steepest part I saw I had been in granny. How embarrassing, and I was crossed chained unknowingly for a very long time. However on the steepest part I changed to my middle cog, and completed the climb in my middle. I don't think that is saying much though. Anyway, I am not going to write more, because I had the coolest thing happen to me on my ride this morning.
This morning's ride started like any other. I got up, looked at the temperature, left and met the guys on the hill. This morning Steve & Eric were a little bit behind us, but I was not too worried as they are fast and always catch us. However today that was not the case. Kerry and I got to the top of the hill and they were not behind us. I took off up the trail and let Kerry know I wasn't waiting as I was sure they would catch me since I had decided I needed to climb in my middle clog the entire time today.
I made it to the top and waited. Before long Kerry showed up. The guys were not right behind him, but were close. I decided to go ahead knowing they would catch me on the down. For today this was a good decision. On my ride down the trail I ended up riding right into a herd of deer. Normally the deer are below, above or to the side, but today there was a fawn bounding right in front of me on the trail, and the rest were close by to the sides. I stopped watch, it was such a beautiful sight seeing them so close to me bounding through the brush and on the trail. After watching for a few minutes I took off, and right to the side of me a couple of deer were bounding. I kept riding as they continued next to me until they went into the brush and I went a different direction. I couldn't have asked for a better ride this morning.
1 comment:
How very kewl! It is such a wonderful feeling being in the company of God's creations! I bet your on cloud nine.........
Post a Comment