Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Routine

Have you ever noticed how all of us have some type of routine to our lives. Sometimes it is consistent, sometimes it is not. I have different habits or routines, but they change quite frequently, and this creates much confusion for my pets. You see my pets have a routine and it is the same one when I come home.
When I arrive home I am greated by my two big, loveable labs. They immediately start to circle me and dance around. We then head to the back door I open it and they run out. It wouldn't matter if they were just out there, they will still run out. I then go upstairs to change out of my work clothes and our black kitty Ebby will bound up the stairs and follow me in to the room meowing and insisting she be held. I pick her up I rub her head, and then drop her on the bed and change. Once I change I go to the bathroom, where Tigger our reddish-blonde cat awaits for me to fill up his water dish. I then go downstairs and the guinea pigs begin to squeel in excitement for food. I feed them, and then I am done. Usually by this time the dogs have been let back in to the house and they have been following me all around. Funny enough there is only one pet that could care less that I am home, and that is the puff ball.
It's funny, because it does not matter when I come home, it doesn't matter if I detour a little bit around the house you are guaranteed the animals will do their little routine with me even if I don't follow it exactly.

No comments: