Monday, May 10, 2010

Pre-race Mesa Verde

A group of us went down to the 12 Hours of Mesa Verde this weekend.  We left Thursday evening, so we would not be rushed Friday morning to get down, pre-ride and pick up packets.  It turns out that this was a good idea since Heather, Dorothy and I all needed to have our bikes looked at.  I lost my front brake again for the 5th time, Heather had to have her shifter adjusted, and Dorothy need to have her brake fixed.

We went to Kopelli Bike & Board.  These guys were terrific, so friendly and helpful.  They were willing to let me borrow a front brake just so I could race if mine kept collasping.
Picture taken from Brad's blog.
After getting bikes ready we went out to the course for a pre-ride.  We had so much fun on this course.  This course has everything, small climbs, technical parts, whoopdedoos, twisty turns, jumps and just lots of fun.  I was laughing and giggling so much.  I have never been on a race course that was so much fun.  The pre-ride was so much fun I could hardly wait to race on the course.
Wendy, Dorothy and Gayle
Heather ready to ride the course.
I had a jersey on that was too big.  It was so weighted down it went past my bum.I guess you could say I had a lot of junk in my trunk.
Group photo, you can't tell, but the view is beautiful.


No comments: