Usually I do not lack ideas of things to write about for a race, but this race I am not exactly sure what to write. The race was great, and it was so great to see everyone again. I have missed racing with the team and against other teams. We got our new kits for Mad Dog which are great looking, except for one thing. There is white on the side of the short which accentuations my legs--the one place I don't like to draw attention to. Oh well, we'll just pretend they make me look like I have power legs.
For the race there were only 5 in my division, it made it easier to know who was ahead of me. I planned at the start line to take last, which may sound defeatist, but actually it is more realistic. Going up the initial hill was kind of hard. I pushed as hard as I could, but my pace was less than stellar. The next group of racers, and the next group began to pass me. You could say this was the theme for the rest of the race, I think I was passed by someone in every single division. I am glad I had a bad mental lap last week, because it made getting passed a lot easier. Not that it is easy, but I didn't come down on myself, which made the race a lot of fun.
On the start ready to go.
My race went well. I rode and tried, and didn't realize it, but there was one girl only 2 minutes ahead of me. So close and yet so far. The new route was tough, and the service road hill climb was a killer. This was one place I was very proud of myself. I was determined not to get off my bike--I was going to ride this no matter what, and I did.
Great photo by Reed.
This race was hard, but fun. I ended up not taking last much to my surprise. I don't remember exactly when I passed one of the girls in my division, but I did. I had one minor mechnical where my front wouldn't shift. I had to stop and fix this, because going up in my middle cog was not an option. Other than that all was good. Except for one thing. Coming downhill on the 2nd lap I became incredibly hungry. I was so hungry all I could think about was food and my stomach growled. Not quite sure what to do about this, I have never gotten hungry while riding during a race?!?
Across the finish.
The best part of the race, all the friends cheering me on. I couldn't have made it through without their support.
Keith trying to get the team together for team photo.
One of many good photos.
Team playing around






No comments:
Post a Comment