Ride 1
I went with Jolene Wednesday to pre-ride the Draper race course. I was very tired from my "I feel great" ride the day before, but luckily Jolene was okay with going slow. By slow I mean the pass me like I am standing still slow.
The pit thingy.
Jolene coming up the steep up.
Ride 2
Decided to go ride the 12 and under course with Mandy today. We made it a family ride with Royce and Shandy joining us. Riding with Mandy is always event, and today was no different. I had to force her to come and ride the course. Yes, I made her ride, but she doesn't need to be on the computer, watching tv or playing on her dad's ipod--she does this entirely way too much. A ride is good for her.
Our ride started out with the typical "don't talk to me mom, you are messing me up". I am sure if I wasn't talking I would mess her up somehow, but luckily she can blame it on me talking and not something else. We rode up to the 12 year old turn off to the downhill, but instead of going down we went up and continued up the course. Mandy did awesome and rode the entire time (no bike pushing). It's amazing when I tell her something might be too hard for her she is able to do it. I think if I told her it was easy she would push her bike to prove me wrong--she is so at the mom you are always wrong stage...ugh.
We rode up the service road to the last downhill section of the course, the first cross intersection of the race. We took it down and Mandy rocked the single track, although the second swtichback according to her she "almost died" because she came close to the edge--oh the drama. According to her I should have been a more caring mother, because she almost died. I guess I will work on that.
During this whole time Shandy and Royce were behind us. Royce was helping Shandy as she is just starting to learn to ride her bike. She did great for being new to single track. I need to get her on some Ride Like a Girl rides.
We ended the ride with Mandy chicking a bunch of boys a few years older than her. After the tunnel we went up the little steep hill to the parking lot. The boys kept practicing going up, but could never make it up. Mandy made it up her first try!!! The best part after she made it, the boys went back down and tried to make it again. Nothing like having a girl show you how it's done.
Mandy sticking out her tongue showing how she feels about being on a ride.
Shandy learning to get the hang of riding a bike.
Royce covering the back end.





No comments:
Post a Comment