Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ups and Downs of Recovery

I don't believe any recovery is without it's ups and downs.  Right now I am seeing a lot of ups and it feels really, really good.

Yesterday was not an up day, it was a down day.  My daughter was up all night Sunday with the stomach flu, and when Monday morning rolled around I was tired and not feeling so hot myself.  I wanted to ride the bike, so I tried to spin, but I was just too sick and had to quit.  I was bummed, but hoped it was just because I was sick I couldn't do anything.

Today rolled around and I was still tired, and somewhat out it, but by the time afternoon rolled around I decided I would ride.  The goal a road ride up to Viv' Park.  I got going, and I felt great, so I picked up the pace.  I ended up getting to Viv' Park 10 minutes faster than last week!  What an accomplishment.  I was so excited I decided to extend my ride and rode up South Fork.  I huffed and puffed the whole way, and I do mean I huffed and puffed, I could hardly talk to let people know I was coming around.  I made it to the top and it felt so good.  Although this may seem like a small accomplishment, for me it is huge.  It let's me know I am making progress and heading in the right direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra you are awesome! Most people would have thrown in the towel and given up on the whole racing thing...

ER Dad said...

Keep Up the Up's