Day 1 was Snow Basin, Royce didn't come because he ended up working. But Day 2 he was up and ready to ride some of the Ridge Trail. I have to admire Royce's courage to attempt the rides I had planned for him, because he is a beginner. Normally I wouldn't take a beginner on these rides, but he is having surgery on his neck soon and will be incapaciated for several weeks, so it only makes sense to go on some cool rides.
We rode the ridge trail starting at Cascade. I figured this would give an easy start and end on a good note. Aside for the many flies and bites the ride was great. The flowers are still out and look amazing.
Day 3 was Sunday, so we spent it like we normally do. The final day of our vacation, day 4, we rode Wastach Crest and went on a community group ride. I told Royce after "puke hill" there was hardly any climbing, and it was down hill all the way. You know it's not until you ride with someone who hasn't ridden much you begin to realize your descriptions are far from correct. We hit the top, and there was a little bit more climbing. We went down for a short time and then there was a small stretch of climbing. Royce was a good sport about the description of the trail being slightly skewed. After we got done he liked it despite the fact there was more climbing than I described. Oh well, at least he had a good time.
I got to lead the community group ride this evening. I guess the memo did not go out there was a ride. The only ones that showed up was my family and Mandy's friend. Too bad no one else came. The conditions were perfect.
So vacation is over and it's back to work tomorrow. So glad we live in a place where we can ride in our back yard every day of the week.










No comments:
Post a Comment