Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Two Knee Caps
Went on a light ride today. Thought I would do the Provo Race Course. It is fairly easy with rolling hills and some down hill. It is a loop you can do a few times and not get tired out. At the entrance to the trail you drop down hill camber to the left and then go up the hill. The hill down has one section that is all rock and is unsteady. As you come along on the camber/turn it is gravely and loose. Today I made a huge mistake and decide to break and go slow. When I braked I skidded out lost my balance and ended up off my bike. On the way down my knee hit a nice size rock and created a huge bump on my knee, which now looks like a second knee cap. Needless to say it hurt enough that I sat on the trail for a minute. I then got up and had to walk up the hill. Eventually as I rode I forgot about the knee and had fun. I noticed I am going slower on my down hills. I think this is due to my crash at the race. Hopefully soon I will start to feel more comfortable going faster.
Labels:
mountain biking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment