I went to ride the trail I will be racing Saturday yesterday. My plan was to ride it twice, once by myself and then once with a group. I did it once, and was not sure I could do it again....whew, it tuckered me out. I got back to my car and I was not sure I would be able to go again. Luckily I was able to rest for about 45 minutes, so I was ready to go when the rest of the group showed up. It sure was a lot of fun to go with a group. I like riding with a group, because it makes it fun and adds to the joy of riding. Yet I also like riding by myself, because I can do the trail how I want and not feel like I am holding anyone back. The trail is not too challenging technically, but cardio wise it is a kick. You go up a hill and then down a hill, and then back up and up and up. I am definitely going to have to figure out how to pace myself for the race. I am going again tomorrow and hopefully it will give me a better idea of how to ride the trail.
A funny thing did happen to me yesterday. I changed out my tires to tubless and sure enough while I was on the trail I accidently rode over a cactus! I probably with a tubed tire would have gotten a flat, but as luck would have it I did not and was able to continue on! Now is the big question. Do I dare not take a tube during the race....I guess I will have to think on that.
Not the best picture, but for some reason my camera was acting up. Oh well, hopefully at
the race I will have better.
No comments:
Post a Comment