through, because it was so slippery. I didn't get a chance to ride the trail before, so in addition to a muddy trail I rode blind. I had a blast. It was the hardest 4.9 miles I have ridden. Mud bogged down my bike, but I kept going, I was determined not to stop. At the first of the race 3 of us broke out front. It was Dot, Tasha and me. There may have been a beginner woman with us, but I am not sure. The very first had a single track that turned through a snow packed trail and went up a hill. I took this with good momentum and was able to get right up the hill, where I saw others have to get off and climb. We were on single track for a short
time and then on to double track. I saw Dot and Tasha on the double track, and was able to catch Tasha as we headed in to the trees and more single track. Dot was in the trees quickly and that was the last time I saw her. Tasha and I went back and forth for a little bit, but then we hit a long section of downhill singletrack and I let her pass me. I saw her in front of me the whole time, but never did catch her. I tried on a few the straight aways, but she was too far ahead, and I couldn't get her. I came in 3rd at this race with a time of 1:02. That's a long time for 4.9 miles, unless
you consider all of the mud and the bogged down track. Even though it was hard it was fun, and if I was given a choice I would do it all over again.Mandy's race went great. She took first out of all the 9 and under girls and she took 3rd overall in the 9 and under division. She got very muddy, and had mud bogged down on her bike. It looked like she had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment