Wednesday, May 7, 2008
We Won!
Last night was a big coed softball game for me. Both teams were undefeated, and both of us had beaten the teams that historically have been the most challenging. We new it would be close, but it ended up going right down to the last inning. We were the home team with last ups the score was 7 - 8, so we needed to score 2 points to win. I was the fourth batter up and I thought I might need to change something up when I got up. My past 2 times I had hit right one strong near the line and the other mid. I was sure the team knew I would do the same thing, so I thought about changing to the left or center. However as one team mate said why change something that works, so I agreed and decided to stay right. I got up and the perfect pitch came and I swung. Much to my surprise it did not sail out to right field. Instead it dribbled down the first base line. At that moment fear and shock goes through you and you know you need to run like you have never run before. I did and made it to first. How lucky was I.....whew! Oh, and the kicker, I have pulled muscle on the inside of my quad and running fast hurts like nobodies business. Oh well, I made it and had a runner take my place. After I got on we only had 2 more up to bat, and we ended up winning the game by 1 point. The team was a fun, good team to play, and I can't wait to play them in tournament....I'm sure it will be a close game then too.
Labels:
softball
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment