Friday, May 16, 2008

The Night Before

The night before a race can be so consuming sometimes. On Fridays the family usually goes to a movie or something else. When we get home it is between 6 and 7, and then it is time to get ready for tomorrow's race. I put the bikes up on the bike rack and give them a through run through. Make sure the chain is lubed, tire pressure correct an everything is functioning like it should. Then I put the bikes on the back of the car. I get race clothes ready, because at 6:30 in the morning I do not want to have to look around for the right things to wear. I also make sure we have everything in the car we need, helmets, change of clothes, gloves, extra clothing for after the race and extra clothing for weather changes. After that I get food ready for tomorrow, and all liquids ready so everything is very cold when I am racing. Finally I make dinner, eat put the youngest to bed rest and then go to bed, which is what I am going to do right now. Whew.....sometimes this can be exhausting.

No comments: