Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I will write about the race tomorrow, but today I write about Mother's Day. My day started early. At 6:30 am I heard the thump, thump, thump of little feet. There was definite movement and definitely some planning going on. Every now and then I would hear the clank of dishes and then more running. I was surprised at how early it was, as getting anyone up before 7:00 during the week is quite the struggle.

At 7:30 am Mandy shows her cute little face into the bedroom bringing me breakfast in bed. There was so much excitement on her face I thought she would explode. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, milk and scrambled eggs Mandy had made herself. The eggs looked a little runny, but I gave it a bite hoping I would be able to eat them. Unfortunately I had to send them back to the kitchen for a little more cooking, but the second time around they were great. And Mandy's secret recipe was scumptous.

After breakfast Mandy couldn't wait to give me the present she got me--a small box of chocolate and a card that plays music and has a message. I think I like the card the best as it has Mandy talking on it. Mandy also gave me the present from Royce. I think she was more excited than anyone over Mother's Day which is what made it so much fun. I received the royal treatment for the day and had fun being with the family. The thing that makes Mother Day so much fun is having kids and being their mother.

No comments: