Went for a group ride today in Park City with Stephanie, Paige, Dawn and Jolene. This is the first time I have ridden in Park City, and we couldn't have picked a better day for a ride. The temperature was great and there was nice cloud coverage. Our route for the day was Spiro and then parts of Mid Mountain both ways. The first part of the ride starts out with a gradual climb. The cool part about this climb is there are switchbacks which make the climb much less intense. Although some of my riding companions did not feel the same way and at different points in the ride they were wondering how much further we had and how far we had gone. I thought it was funny and it reminded me of times when we take the kids on trips and they ask when will we get there.
By the look of some of these faces I don't think they thought the climb was gradual.



The entire ride up is very beautiful. And there is one part of the trail that is very patriotic having red berries and white and blue(ish) flowers.

At one point on Spiro we come to Mid-Mountain and have the choice to go right or left. We chose to go right first and saved the left for later. This was a nice trail that climbs up to a summit that over looks Park City (it does go further, but we stopped here). What a beautiful view.


After pausing to enjoy the view we took off back down the trail to explore a small part of the other side of Mid-Mountain. Jolene and I ended up doing this part as our riding companions took off back to the parking lot. We went about one mile and it was a blast great trail which seemed like you were going down hill both directions.
After Mid-Mountain it was back downhill to the parking lot. What a blast! You could not ask for better trail conditions. Smooth trail and great switchbacks for the downhill--this is saying a lot since downhill switchbacks tend to really slow me down. I caught air so much coming down that I lost count. This was a great ride, I can't wait to go back and explore some of the other trails.
No comments:
Post a Comment