Monday, August 11, 2008
Ride to Spanish Fork
Map my ride is not entirely accurate. Today I decided I would ride my bike to Spanish Fork to meet with a client. I got on map my ride to pick the route from my house to my office in Spanish Fork. After mapping out my ride it said the entire route would be 20 miles. This is no problem, so I decided to ride to my office and back home. Great way to commute and save on gas. I took off at a good time to get to my office and change before my client arrived. The ride was nice, not too strenuous perfect for a commute ride. There was a small part on the road where there was no shoulder. This kept me on my toes as cars were going by at 50 mph and I hoped they would go around me. The worst part of the ride was in Springville. Springville was great because they have a bike lane, but there was a driver turning and talking on his cell phone at the same time, and didn't pay attention that he had a red light! I had to yell at him and he didn't stop, he only slowed up and made me come to a complete stop (along with the other traffic). After that the ride was uneventful as far as cars were concerned. When I got on to Route 6 I was excited for the upcoming decent. However, there was a head wind, so I ended up pedaling a lot. The ride ended up being 25 miles not 20 which put off my time a little bit for arriving to my office. What I discovered on the ride that riding 6 miles with a computer on your back versus 25 miles is very different. By the end of the ride my back was very sore. I had a difficult time changing riding positions because of the pack. If I could figure a way to take my computer that far I would ride every time I had to go to my Spanish Fork office. I guess I'll have to do some research to see what I can figure out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment