We left the parking lot and somehow I ended up being in the front for the first part of the ride. Which is fine, because it was uphill, and I really did not want to get left behind. I stayed up front until we reached what people call puke hill--I think there is a puke hill on every trail. At that point Derek put the pedal to the metal and breezed by everyone. I didn't know it was possible to go up that hill that fast. Now that I do I guess I am going to have to try it. As I went up somehow I ended up riding off the trail instead of staying on it and ended up off my bike...bummer. I broke my record of clearing this hill, now I will have to start my count over. At the top of the hill Derek took the lead. I made a joke about who let Derek take the lead, and he ended up pulling to the back. Sorry, Derek. I hope you know I was only kidding. However since he was in the back and so was I it was fun to visit and talk about team racing stuff. At the top of the hill I made sure Derek went in front of me as downhill is still not my speciality and I hate to hold people up on the downhill. We rode down and then came to gravel hill. Today was a good day for this hill. It was gravely and loose, but I didn't have any problems clearing the hill. At four corners all the guys went first and I went last and they waited for me at the road. I don't know how long they waited for me on the road, but I know Steve went 29 mph and I went 18.6 mph, I'm not going to do the math to figure this out. On the road it was back to the trail and back to the uphill. Derek wanted to do two laps, so at this point he took off, and I got to be in the lead again. Being in the lead on the uphill is not a bad thing and I had fun as we rode along, but at the Summit it was time for me to go to the rear. This part of the trail is my least favorite, because of the loose rocks and dust. However the more I ride the trail the less I struggle with this part of the trail. Toward the first intersection after the I Summit as I rode down there was a motorcyclist. He was telling Steve he would pull over for me to get by however he did not do that. I had to ride around him as he was saying he would pull over. I found out later that Steve had made him stop, which I appreciate, because the last thing I needed, was to run into on that particular downhill was a motorcycle! The rest of the ride was fabulous. I can't wait for the next group ride with this group. It was a lot of fun.
Derek, Kerry and a rider we met on the trail at four corners.
Sorry about the pictures hopefully soon I will get a new camera.
1 comment:
Nice blog, Kendra! "Investigating a different part of the trail" is a good way to put it. I'm too shy to say what I was really doing!
Steve
Post a Comment