Yesterday I did a pre-ride with team mates from Utahmountainbiking Jay, Justin, Ryan and Todd. I decided to try an experiment for this ride and fill my camelback with Gatorade. The experiment did not go well at all. Not even half way through the ride I had cotton mouth and did not feel my thrist was quenched. I also started to have trouble breathing anytime I exerted myself. (I later learnd this was from the heavy sucrose in the throat). As I rode I started to get a side ache, then I started to get a tummy ache and by the end of the ride I was so bloated and hurting I was more than happy when we were done. When I got home the pain did not end. I ended up in the bathroom several times before complete relief was found. This was an experiment and I have learned I will never put gatorade in my camel back. As of right I am not sure I can stomach gatorade.
As for the ride the trail was fun, beautiful and in pretty good condition. I thought it was much cleaner than when I rode a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment