I rode the Bonneville Shoreline Trail (BST) in Orem today for the first time. Jolene took me and gave me the tour. The trail is a simple straight forward trail that goes up, flattens just long enough to fool you and then goes up some more. Of course after going up you get to go down. Jolene is amazing as we were riding this trail she is talking and telling me what I can expect such as "we go up this hill and it turns and then we will keep going up" Jolene is talking and I am behind her going "huff, puff "okay" huff, puff, huff, puff." My new goal is to ride the BST and be able to talk while riding it.
I noticed something interesting on my ride today. When I ride without taking a caffeine pill I will start to have an asthma attack when my heart rate gets between 170-174. This means my max. heart rate never goes above 174, because I can't push further because eventually I would pass out from not being able to breath. Today I took a caffeine pill a couple of hours before riding. My max heart rate was 181, I had heavy breathing after getting up into the 170 area (very heavy), and only a mild breathing problem at one point. I have known the caffeine pill helped me breath easier, but now I have the numbers to show me. Pretty cool.
I noticed something interesting on my ride today. When I ride without taking a caffeine pill I will start to have an asthma attack when my heart rate gets between 170-174. This means my max. heart rate never goes above 174, because I can't push further because eventually I would pass out from not being able to breath. Today I took a caffeine pill a couple of hours before riding. My max heart rate was 181, I had heavy breathing after getting up into the 170 area (very heavy), and only a mild breathing problem at one point. I have known the caffeine pill helped me breath easier, but now I have the numbers to show me. Pretty cool.
Picture from the top of Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Orem.
No comments:
Post a Comment