Today was a day to talk about my pre-ride on the Wolverine Ridge. However, while meeting team mates in Park City to car pool up to the trail I received a very sad phone call. My husband called to let me know he and Mandy had gotten home and found her guinea pig dead.
Al (the guinea pig) has 2 cages one he lives in and then another big round one he plays in. Mandy forgot and left Al in the big round one while she went with her dad. While they were gone Millie, our lab, broke down the pen, and apparently played with the guinea pig to its death. We have only had AL a very short time because he was a birthday present for Mandy--one she has been asking for, for a long time. And although she had him a short time she was very sad and still is to find him dead. It was hard for me to not be home to comfort Mandy, and broke my heart even more as Royce told me Mandy had Al on her lap and was convinced he was not dead. She tried everything to see if he was alive, she tried to give him food, water and kept thinking he was still alive. My poor husband I felt bad he had to deal with our daughter being heart broken. I don't know if this is something daddies should have to do. Later after Mandy finally realized Al was not alive Royce and Mandy buried him and Mandy put flowers around him.
When I got home I was able to comfort Mandy and let her cry her tears. What a sad day for her.
The only picture we have of Al taken on my cell phone. :-(

1 comment:
Wow! I can feel how that has to tear into a mom's (and dad's) heart to see our young ones have to deal personally with death.
Sorry about the loss, Mandy.
Post a Comment