I play catch on most of my teams. I prefer to play third, but only a few people dare play catch, and I am one of them. The reason is because of bats being thrown ( I have dodged or jumped quite a few thrown bats), runners coming in hard to home (one guy right hooked me across the face so he could cross the plate, a few have tried to cleat me), and of course the dreaded foul tips. Most foul tips I have deflected until tonight. Tonight I took one straight to the face. Luckily it hit my mouth area and not my nose area. The ball came in straight off the bat hard and fast, but the realization I was hit was slow. I sat there for a minute, felt around my teeth with my tongue to make sure no loose teeth, and then stared as everyone as they asked if I was okay. I couldn't talk, because my mouth hurt and I did not want to cry, and I was afraid if I opened my mouth I might cry. Luckily we had an extra player, so I pointed at her that she needed to catch so I could go in the dug out and shake it off. The funniest part was when the batter said she was so sorry and she didn't mean to do it. It made me laugh, because of course she didn't mean to do it--it helped to laugh. Lucky me for me that the was the last inning, and even better we won the game. I took pictures, but my self portrait pictures are not the best. My lip and under the nose area is swollen, and on the inside of my mouth I have a huge cut.
BTW honey, if you are reading this I am fine.
Cut on the inside of my lip...it kind of stings.
Its kind of hard to tell it is swollen, but it is.
Here is a better view of the swelling.
2 comments:
Wow Kendra... you have had a rough week! Luckily you seem to be a quick healer. If it stays swollen though you could use it to your advantage. Just growl at the competition at the race Saturday and they will all just stay back and let you ride away. Good luck at Solitude!
Hopefully the swelling will be gone by Saturday. Right now I have I have the prettiest colored lips, its a whole new look of lip color. I am sure everyone will be running to the stores to get this color before it is off the shelves. :-)
Post a Comment