Katie making her way across the meadow.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
A Friendly Ride
I took my friend Katie today to AF Canyon to do the Summit/Timpanooke Loop. Katie is a great athlete, but has ridden a mountain bike two times with me, and then before that when she was in college, but I felt confident she could do this ride. After we got going though I could see it might be better to do the up and back instead of the entire loop. Katie climbs pretty well, but like me she is in to self preservation, and the downhill made her a bit nervous. I didn't want to take her down south fork until she felt more comfortable, so up and back it was. The trail was fun. It had some loose spots with some rocks kicked across it, but it was not too bad. It is amazing how the vegetation has grown since the last time I was up there. It has gotten very big and bushy and couple of places on the trail it is actually difficult to see due to the vegetation growth. The ride up and back was fun, but I can't wait to do the loop again. And by the end of the ride, Katie was becoming much more confident on the trail and picked up her speed on the downhill. I don't think it will be too long before she will be able to do the entire loop.
Katie making her way across the meadow.
Katie making her way across the meadow.
Labels:
friends,
mountain biking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment