This is going to be short, I have had several softball games the last few nights due to tournament, and not a lot of time to blog. Hopefully the pictures will do the trail justice. I went with Stephanie, Paige and Jolene yesterday to try out some of the Payson trails. We parked at Bennie's Creek and then shuttled up to Frank Young Canyon Trail. We started here went on to Rock Springs Trail and ended on Bennie's Creek. The trails were great. There were a lot of fallen trees and logs, and a few places the trail had been diverted due to the fall trees. I tried to get over a couple of logs and was successful and then there were a few a looked at and it was a no go. I probably should have at least tried. Some of them are easy to get over until you get to the other side and end up high centered. Of course I did not know which of these would cause a problem so some I tried and others I did not. After all of the logs and trees we came up to a beautiful meadow with yellow flowers everywhere. What a gorgeous sight to see. That meadow was sooooo beautiful. After the meadow things got a little precarious on the trail. The trail deep dust which made it difficult for me to maneuver my bike, and there was a lot of maneuvering needed. There were tree roots all along the trail and you would have to decide which root was the least menacing the one on the right or left and sometimes this would be a last second decision and you hoped you took the correct line. And even if you did take the correct line you had to do everything to keep your bike upright and keep from skidding out. I loved the entire trail, even the difficult part with the loose dirt, rocks and roots. I made it without any endos, wipeouts or crashes and it helped get some of my confidence back for riding downhill.
Near the first of the trail...time for group picture
The meadow with all of the beautiful yellow flowers.
All of us crossing the meadow.
No comments:
Post a Comment