Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Want to Feel the Pain

How crazy is that statement, I know, but I think I would rather feel the pain than stop because I can't breathe. I went and pre-rode Snowbird with Jolene and Dot, and only got about 2 miles before my exercise induced asthma (eia) kicked in. Normally all I have to do is back of the pedals and spin and I am fine. However this time that did not work. I actually had to stop and wait for by breathing to calm down. As soon as it did I would get pedaling again and it would start up again. There was no letting up. I even had problems going down hill! This is why I would like to feel the pain. I have only felt the burn in my legs in a couple of times, and it ended as soon as I got to the top of the hill. I think it would be great to have to quite because my muscle ache and burn versus quitting because I can't breathe. I hear everyone talk about the pain and the push and I think I am not pushing myself hard enough, because I don't feel the pain. Well I am crossing my fingers I will feel it at the race Saturday, and that the eia will not bother me.
All is green and beautiful at Snowbird.

No comments: